What we do
“Peace and justice are impossible without respect for the dignity of every human being.” – Fritz Bauer
- Promote self-confidence and equal opportunities for children, adolescents, and young adults.
- Promote diversity in the interest of all.
- Facilitate dialogue among people of different origins, cultures, and beliefs.
- Promote action for human rights.
“We can’t turn earth into heaven, but each of us can do our part to ensure it doesn’t become hell.” – Fritz Bauer
We convey Fritz Bauer’s life’s work “In the Struggle for Human Rights” to professional legal education and raise the public’s awareness of it.
We fight for human rights, equal educational opportunities, social justice, and recognition of the Other. We place trust in people and are creating spaces for new ideas.
In our research, we engage transnationally with the history of resistance to authoritarian regimes and with cultures of remembrance in order to strengthen the importance of democratic values and human rights.
The Fritz Bauer Forum supports
- the rights of the victims and survivors of human rights violations
- research and historical studies of human rights violations
- the fight against impunity for human rights violations
- the right to truth
- the right to information
- the right to equal educational opportunities and, in particular, human rights education
- the fight against racism, anti-Semitism, and nationalism
Cooperations and Memberships
We are partners
We are a member