The protection of information relating to you, such as your name, your telephone number and your e-mail or IP address (so-called “personal data”) is an important concern for us. Therefore, we operate this website and the services we offer on it in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
Below you will find an explanation of how we handle your personal data in this context.
1. Who is responsible (the data controller)?
Responsible for this website:
BUXUS STIFTUNG gemeinnützige (non-profit) GmbH
Murnauer Strasse 2
Represented by: PD Dr. Irmtrud Wojak, Managing Director, Murnauer Strasse 2, 82438 Eschenlohe, Germany
2. What do we do with your personal data?
a. When you use our website or our contact form
The provision of this website requires the processing of personal data, such as your IP address. This processing is necessary for the retrieval of the content displayed on this website (including its functions) as well as for IT security measures.
You also have the option of contacting us using our contact form. For this purpose, we collect the personal data that you enter in the contact form.
(1) Legal basis
The processing of your personal data for the provision of this website and for communication via this website is based on our predominant legitimate interest. For the provision of this website it is technically necessary that we process certain personal data (e.g. the IP address). For your communication with us it is necessary that we handle your personal data.
(2) Consideration of Interests
As part of the necessary balancing of interests, we have weighed your interests in confidentiality and our interests in providing this website and making contact with each other. Your interest in confidentiality is thereby waived in each case. Otherwise we would not be able to provide you with this website or respond to your contact request.
(3) Categories of recipients
We use service providers to provide our website. We transmit personal data to these service providers for this purpose. These service providers are contractually obliged by us to exercise the same care when handling personal data as we do ourselves.
b. When you fill out our donation form
You have the opportunity to donate money to BUXUS Stiftung gemeinnützige GmbH on our website. To do this, you have to enter your email address, among other things.
The processing of your personal data, which you provide when filling out the donation form, takes place in order to initiate, carry out and process the donation.
(4) Categories of recipients
As part of the donation, you can choose a payment method. If you have selected a payment method, the data will be transmitted to the respective payment service provider.
c. When you order our newsletter
You can register for our newsletter on our website. For this purpose, we collect the personal data that you enter in the contact form.
The legal basis for our data processing is your consent.
(5) Categories of recipients
We use service providers to send our newsletters. We transmit personal data to these service providers for this purpose.
3. How long do we store your personal data for?
We delete your personal data if the respective purpose of storage no longer applies and no statutory provision requires storage.
4. What rights do you have as a data subject?
Please contact the above contact details to exercise your rights and to revoke your consent.
- a) You have the right to request information about all personal data that we process from you at any time.
- b) If your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to correct and supplement it.
- c) You can request the deletion of your personal data at any time, unless we are legally obliged or authorized to further process your data.
- d) If the legal requirements are met, you can request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
- e) You have the right to object to processing if the data processing is carried out for the purpose of direct advertising or profiling. If the processing takes place on the basis of a weighing of interests, you can object to the processing, stating reasons that arise from your particular situation.
- f) If the data processing takes place on the basis of your consent or within the framework of a contract, you have the right to transfer the data you have provided, provided that this does not affect the rights and freedoms of other people.
- g) If we process your data on the basis of a declaration of consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time with effect for the future. The processing carried out before a revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
- h) You also have the right at any time to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you are of the opinion that data processing has occurred in violation of applicable law.
5. In what context do we create automatic profiles?
We do not create automatic profiles.
6. Data Security
We take suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data processed by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against unauthorized access.